Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wishing & Waiting On (9)

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper where we post a book that's been on our wishlist for a while.


Bitterblue
(Graceling Realm, #3)
By: Kristin Cashore
Published: May 1, 2012
Genre: YA

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository

Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is now queen of Monsea. But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisors, who have run things since Leck died, believe in a forward-thinking plan: Pardon all who committed terrible acts under Leck's reign, and forget anything bad ever happened. But when Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle--disguised and alone--to walk the streets of her own city, she starts realizing that the kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year spell of a madman, and the only way to move forward is to revisit the past.

Two thieves, who only steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck's reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace that he hasn't yet identified, holds a key to her heart.
 *I really enjoyed Graceling and Fire and I cannot wait to see how the story concludes.



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Stripped
By: Jasinda Wilder
Release Date: Aug. 16, 2013
Genre: New Adult/ Romance

 Goodreads | Amazon

So how did I get myself into this situation, you ask? Simple: desperation. When you're faced with being homeless and hungry or taking off your clothes for money, the choice is easier than you'd imagine. That doesn't make it easy, though. Oh no. I hate it, in fact. There's nothing I'd like more than to quit and never go into another bar again, never hear the techno beat pulsing in my ears again, never feel the lecherous gazes of horny men again.

Then, one day, I meet a man. He's in my club, front and center. He watches me do my routine, and his gaze is full of hunger. Not the kind of desire I'm used to though. It's something different. Something hotter, deeper, and more possessive. I know who he is; of course I do. Everyone knows who Dawson Kellor is. He's People Magazine's Sexiest Man alive. He's the hottest actor in Hollywood. He's the man hand-picked for the role of Rhett Butler in the long-awaited remake of Gone With the Wind.

He's the kind of man who can have any woman in the entire world with a mere crook of his finger. So what's he doing looking at me like he has to have me? And how do I resist him when he looks at me with those intoxicating, changeable, quicksilver eyes?

I'm a virgin, and he's an American icon of male sexuality. I'm a stripper, and he's a man used to getting anything and everything he wants. And he wants me. I know I should say no, I know he's the worst kind of player…but what my mind knows, my body and my heart may not.

And then things get complicated.

 *This sounds like a sexy read. It's a mix of Cinderella story, playboy v.s virgin and celebrity romance all rolled into one. 


6 comments:

  1. Looks indeed like a great read. I love mixed things where several genres/stories meet. The cover and title aren't so attractive (in my opinion), but the synopsis makes me wanna read it :)
    http://bookeline.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read both of these books too! Great choices! I hope you get them soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/wishlist-wednesday-57.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intresting Choice never read anything like this before, maybe I should give it a try? lol
    Would love it for you to check out my WOW @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, Kristin Cashore's books always have fab covers, although I haven't read any of her books yet hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had Graceling on my shelf for years now, and I know I need to read it! Glad to hear you like the series so much. One of these days I'll catch up!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sounds so interesting - great picks!
    Here's my Wishlist Wednesday: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/wishlist-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ヽ(^。^)ノ
If you have a blog, please leave your blog's name in the comment so I can stop by.