Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wishing & Waiting On (7)

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper where we post a book that's been on our wishlist for a while.


Kiss Of Fire
(Dragonfire, #1)
By: Deborah Cooke
Publisher: Signet
Published: Feb. 5, 2008
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

For millennia, the shape-shifting dragon warriors known as the Pyr have commanded the four elements and guarded the earth's treasures. But now the final reckoning between the Pyr, who count humans among the earth's treasures, and the Slayers, who would eradicate both humans and the Pyr who protect them, is about to begin...

When Sara Keegan decides to settle down and run her quirky aunt's New Age bookstore, she's not looking for adventure. She doesn't believe in fate or the magic of the tarot-but when she's saved from a vicious attack by a man who has the ability to turn into a fire-breathing dragon, she questions whether she's losing her mind-or about to lose her heart...

Quinn Tyrrell has long been distrustful of his fellow Pyr and a self-reliant loner. So when he feels the firestorm that signals his destined mate, he's determined to protect and possess Sara, regardless of the cost to himself. Then Sara's true destiny is revealed-and Quinn realizes he must risk everything- even Sara's love-to fulfill their entwined fates...

I bought Flying Blind a couple of years ago before I found out it was the young adult spin off of the children from the Dragonfire series. So naturally, I put the book on hold so that I could start from the beginning but I've just never got a chance to buy the book and read it. I really need to get my hands on this book and read it though. I love stories with dragons in them. I feel like dragons are not given enough attention.



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


One Tiny Lie 
(Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
By: K.A. Tucker
Publisher: Atria Books
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Genre: New Adult

 Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

Livie has always been the stable one of the two Cleary sisters, handling her parents' tragic death and Kacey's self-destructive phase with strength and maturity. But underneath that exterior is a little girl hanging onto the last words her father ever spoke to her. “Make me proud,” he had said. She promised she would...and she’s done her best over the past seven years with every choice, with every word, with every action.

Livie walks into Princeton with a solid plan, and she’s dead set on delivering on it: Rock her classes, set herself up for medical school, and meet a good, respectable guy that she’s going to someday marry. What isn’t part of her plan are Jell-O shots, a lovable, party animal roommate she can’t say ‘no’ to, and Ashton, the gorgeous captain of the men’s rowing team. Definitely him. He’s an arrogant ass who makes Livie’s usually non-existent temper flare and everything she doesn’t want in a guy. Worse, he’s best friends and roommates with Connor, who happens to fits Livie’s criteria perfectly. So why does she keep thinking about Ashton?

As Livie finds herself facing mediocre grades, career aspirations she no longer thinks she can handle, and feelings for Ashton that she shouldn’t have, she’s forced to let go of her last promise to her father and, with it, the only identity that she knows.


I've read Ten Tiny Breaths and loved the story. I thought the two sisters were hilarious and I'm really excited that the next book is focused on Kacey's little sister, Livie.

8 comments:

  1. Kiss of Fire sounds interesting. Don't see many books with Dragons which is something I love!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh these sound really interesting :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good one! Thanks for the recommendation.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragons are indeed very much underestimated. Sounds like an interesting read !

    My WW can be found on Le Chat de Bibliothèque.

    And I just read your review of Ten tiny breaths, which made me add that book to the TBR pile as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I really liked Kiss of Fire. She's great for a dragon fix and has some great characters. Didn't realize there was a spin off with their kids. Interesting! Will have to look that up next.

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices this week Kristin! Thanks for sharing, I hope you enjoy them :)
    my WW
    Shushkat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read the Cooke book and really liked it. I didn't know there was a spin-off...now I have to go check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh*.* Those both sound fantastic! Check out my WoW here: http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ヽ(^。^)ノ
If you have a blog, please leave your blog's name in the comment so I can stop by.